Sunday 26 July 2015

How to do a facial at home



How to do a facial at home



Hey Lovelies,

Today I thought I'd do a post on how to do a facial at home. I do love having facials at the salon, but they can be quite expensive. When we probably have the products at home already, a facial at home can be absolute bliss. As I've done a lot of travelling lately my face and skin feel like that they're in desperate need of a little TLC.



How to do a facial at home



To start the facial at home, I start by cleaning and cleansing my skin. This ensures that you're removing as much dirt as possible. One cleanser which I've recently started using is the Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil. It is amazing at removing makeup with just a tiny bit of product. I find that if you dampen a cotton wool pad slightly, apply a little bit of this, all of your makeup will just melt away. It's one of the most effective makeup removers that I have ever tried! It leaves your skin feeling clean, clear and soft. 


Next up I also like to exfoliate. I have many exfoliators and lotions but one which I want to tell you about is the Biore Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar. I find that is is so quick, easy and effective. You rub this over your face and it lathers whilst it works its exfoliating magic. You can actually feel the exfoliating beads transfer onto your skin and then you just wash this all off and your skin will be so super smooth. It's great value and I really recommend it! 

I then love to apply a face mask. Any face mask for your skin type will work wonders but one new face mask which I recently bought was the Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay. I have to admit I was probably tempted to buy this because of the pretty pink packaging! Origins always make such great masks, so I definitely did have high hopes for this. It really didn't disappoint. It smells somewhat citrus scented to me even though I should have probably been finding floral and rose tones in it! It's probably one of the easiest clay masks to apply, it's so smooth and you can see the exfoliating bits in the mask plus it's a lovely pale pink colour. You leave this on for 10 minutes and then you wash it off with wet fingertips. It really does retexture your skin and creates a lovely flawless base and glow once removed. 

How to do a facial at home


After my face is dry, I love to add my favourite toner. This product has lately become my favourite skin care product ever! It has made so much difference to my skin as it really helps for the skin care products you use, such as a moisturiser to be absorbed into your skin. It really evens out your complexion and really is just incredible. If there's one thing you really need, it's the Boscia Balancing Facial Tonic. It's a spray toner and will not cause that irritation that some other toners can. If you get the chance check it out!

Lastly never forget the moisturiser. My skin doesn't feel as dry as it used to, so I've been finding that the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration is just the right thing for me right now. Sometimes I do need an even thicker and more intensive cream, but whilst this one is designed for drier skin types, it feels a lot lighter than other intensive creams. It's also easily absorbed into my skin without leaving that sticky excess moisturiser residue that some moisturisers can.

I do swap my skin care around quite a lot, but there are definitely certain products which will always make an appearance. What products do you love using for an in depth facial and pamper at home?

L x
SHARE:

6 comments:

  1. Love this post! I will definitely check some of these products out :)

    dottedbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah glad you liked it! They're definitely some great products! x

      Delete
  2. These products all sound wonderful :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are! I'm especially in love with the Origins mask! x

      Delete
  3. This sounds like the perfect way to pamper yourself, I love the sound of the Origins mask in particular! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing beats a bit of a pamper! It's a great mask and I love the pink packaging too! x

      Delete

© Lucinda Freya | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig