Tuesday 9 December 2014

Blogmas day 9: Travel Tuesday: Cotswolds



Morning Lovelies!

As nothing beats feeling festive, I thought that Travel Tuesday should involve a little bit of England, because it always delivers that festive feeling over Christmas time. So over the weekend I took a little trip to the Cotswolds. It was one of those icy cold days with a bitter wind. I feel the cold pretty badly but soldiering on with numb fingers and toes I visited Blenheim Palace. I am so glad that I did because it is such a beautiful place. It has the most gorgeous parks and gardens. It's definitely a place which would be absolutely breathtaking in the summer and the photos would be seriously stunning.



After a long trek from the wrong car park, a pitstop in the cafe was in order to warm up. Then off to inside the palace I went. It is so beautiful, when you walk in you are greeted with the most spectacular chandelier, unfortunately I didn't get a snap of this but take my word for it, it's a chandelier that any chandelier dreams are made of! After looking in quite a lot of the rooms I headed to the great hall where there was a Christmas band playing carols. Hearing christmas carols definitely reminded me of my childhood and when the school made it compulsory to join the school choir regardless of the fact that you couldn't sing!
This atmosphere definitely gave me that Christmassy feeling!



Then I headed for a lovely little wander around the gardens and just took it all in. Sometimes nature and country walks can just make you feel really grateful and appreciative for all the things around you!


Then of course where would you find me? In the gift shop of course! I love these sort of shops, they always have the cutest selection of stuff. I end up buying stuff that I don't need but I did need pretty pencils and rubbers even though I've finished uni right?!!!!!


It was getting quite dark, so I wandered back to the car park. The train through the property had ended so I had to brave the cold wind and muddy path again! Once back in the car I warmed up with the heater and decided to go into the Cotswolds for some cosy pub action. 




This came in the form of one of the most unique and beautiful pubs in the village of Kingham. It's called the Wild Rabbit Inn. There's a big roaring fire, cosy seats where blankets are provided if you get a bit chilly. Perfect for someone who can't deal with cold weather! There are even games you can use whilst you're there. It was such a lovely atmosphere, I just wish I could have fallen asleep in the comfy chairs! It's definitely an amazing and beautiful pub that I recommend you visit if you're in the Cotswolds! I didn't eat here, but I've heard that it is incredible and I can say I'll 100% be going back there!

Even though it may sound like I didn't do too much on this day, it felt so jam packed and it really was the perfect winter day!

Have you ever been to the Cotswolds/recommend anything?

L x

SHARE:

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fab time, your photos are amazing too! Blenheim Palace is gorgeous, I've always wanted to visit the Cotswolds so I reckon I'll be taking a trip there in the Summer! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! Yes definitely do they're so so pretty! Blenheim would be amazing in the summer, sunshine makes everything even more beautiful! x

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great day! I can remember going to the Cotswold's when I was younger (probably about 10 years ago) and I absolutely loved it! I love the old, traditional English village vibe and can remember we went to a couple of the animal/nature parks there which were great.

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic // Beauty Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know exactly the vibe you mean, it's just so nice to have a little relaxing time whilst you stroll around taking in all the British things! x

      Delete
  3. I went to Blenheim Palace, but it was during the spring so not as festive... it's a beautiful place though and I loved the gardens too. Looks like you had a lovely time :) You can't beat a countryside winter walk!
    Lucy | Lucy--Loves
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm definitely going to go back in Spring, it's just so nice to breathe in that English fresh air! haha x

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up in the Cotswolds :) There's a place called Chipping Campden which has beautiful shops & the Bantam Tearooms is a must for the perfect hot choc!
    There's also Hidcote Manor Gardens where I used to work, beautiful house/grounds/gardens now owned by the National Trust and there's a tearoom & restaurant. Deffo worth a visit in the late Spring/early Summer.

    Hope that's helpful!

    Francesca xo // www.effstarbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much for the tips, I'll definitely give them a whirl in Spring and I'll tell you all about it! What a lovely place to have grown up in! x

      Delete

© Lucinda Freya | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig